[darcs-users] cvs -n update vs. darcs pull --dry-run

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Oct 14 02:33:56 UTC 2004

With CVS, it's nice to have this command to see what an 'update' would
do without actually running it:

cvs -n update

darcs has something like this:

darcs pull --dry-run

Generally, I much prefer to see the patch names that darcs shows, rather
than the terse file status notes that CVS uses.

However, sometimes seeing the file names affected is very useful. Based
on whether there are upstream changes in a file you are working on, you
may want to apply the patch sooner (or later).

Is there a way with darcs to do something like 'darcs pull --dry-run',
but also see the affected files? I tried adding "--verbose", but that
didn't do it.

	Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/