[darcs-users] Error message improvement suggestion

Martin Schaffner maschaffner at gmx.ch
Thu Oct 14 12:40:27 UTC 2004

When I give "darcs push" a bad argument, the error message

Fail: <foo>/_darcs/inventory: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file
or directory)

is not very helpful, it requires me to know about the inner workings of
darcs. I suggest adding a check to see if the target directory of the push
command is a repo, similar to the check for "darcs revert" (and other
commands), giving a similar message to what "darcs revert" gives me if I'm
not in a repo.

--
Martin

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl