[darcs-users] multiple darcs repositories in a single directory

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Fri Oct 15 22:02:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 10:33:33PM -0400, Timothy Webster wrote:
> I need to have a way to create multiple darcs repositories within a directory.
> It simply does not make logical since to always put every thing under a
> directory as a single repository.

I had a different idea once:  Put something under _darcs that tells it
that the root of the tree is not above _darcs, but somewhere else.

        ..../foo/_darcs/root   [contains "../tree"]
        ..../foo/tree/foo.c

At the time, I was thinking the benefit would be that _darcs could be
move outside the tree so it didn't get searched with find, grep -r, etc.
But you could alternately point two repos at the same tree.

Andrew