[darcs-users] Re: post-1.0: "isolated directories"?

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri Oct 15 13:37:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 07:10:54AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> Argh, but unfortunately there will be issues to be ironed out with regard
> to reversibility of changes.  If the metarepo only holds the patch *names*
> of the subrepos, then there might be difficulties in (for example) the
> rollback of a patch that was removed from a subrepo.

Hrm, but when you remove a patch, you don't actually remove the file in
_darcs/patches/ -- you could *require* it to remain present for subrepos,
and then you'd have enough information to do rollbacks I think. You'd have
to be careful to remember what the context of the patch file was, though.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.

``[S]exual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged.''
      -- US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia (http://tinyurl.com/3kwod)