[darcs-users] strange bug with Windows share mounted on Mac OS X

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Oct 16 15:50:32 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 10:57:58AM +0200, Martin Schaffner wrote:
> I've narrowed down a bug that I could only reproduce on a Windows shared
> volume mounted on Mac OS X. If I unpack the attachment and execute
> trigger_bug.txt, I get:

Can you try with a darcs compiled with --disable-mmap? I doubt this would
make a difference, but it's hard to know.

> host:/Volumes/WIN/test me$ tar xzf testcase.tar.gz
> lt1180w:/Volumes/WIN/test me$ bash trigger_bug.txt
>
> Fri Oct 15 10:25:14 CEST 2004  tester
>   * two
> Shall I pull this patch? (1/1) [ynWvxqadjk?] y
>
> Fail: file-0: renameFile: resource busy (Device busy)

Are there any developers who might be able to track this down? I have no
Windows on which to reproduce this.  It's a pretty easy test case, but a
simple look at strace of this command doesn't show anything suspicious.  It
*looks* like we're closing file before renaming file-0 to file, so I can't
see where the problem is.  :(
http://www.abridgegame.org