[darcs-users] Re: best practices: reviewing the history of a file that has been moved.

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Oct 19 00:00:39 UTC 2004

On 2004-10-18, Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> wrote:

> #gdiff: centeral_repo-old/date_moved.t: No such file or directory
> #gdiff: centeral_repo-new/date_moved.t: No such file or directory

I just tried to reproduce this issue with the 'no such file' message,
but I couldn't do it. I also realized that darcs diff /was/ working
correctly across the the mv boundary, once I gave it appropriate
--from-tag and --to-tag. (Great!).

I had somehow expected that 'darcs diff --last=X" was going to to show
diffs between each of the last X revisions, instead of one diff from X
to the present moment.

I wanted the history of changes to made to the file, which I think is
more like that darcs annotate does.

	Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/