[darcs-users] renaming the rerecord command

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Tue Oct 19 10:43:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 06:03:12AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> It's not really what I'd classify as a dangerous command, since it can't
> cause you to lose code (unlike unpull, which *is* dangerous).

Yes you can!

  $ darcs rerec
  Tue Oct 19 12:24:13 CEST 2004  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
    * important
  Shall I rerecord this patch? [yNvq?] y
  hunk ./a 3
  -very important information
  +XXXX
  Shall I add this patch? (1/1) [ynWsfqadjk?] y
  Finished rerecording patch:
  Tue Oct 19 12:24:38 CEST 2004  Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>
    * important

Oh, I just discovered a bug:
Add a line to a file and record it.
Remove the line and rerecord it (without the XXXX from abowe).

Fail: bug in darcs!
fromJust error at Rerecord.lhs:166 compiled 16:25:34 Oct  3 2004
Please report this to darcs-users at abridgegame.org

darcs 1.0.0rc3

(I must rush, sorry, would have wanted to write a test case
and better description...)