[darcs-users] Re: Binaries: Mac OS X and FreeBSD

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Oct 20 16:45:11 UTC 2004

> > I'm starting to become dependent on darcs, and I'd really be grateful
> > if people could help me satisfy my habit by providing statically
> > linked binaries for Mac OS and FreeBSD 4 [1].

> Did the binaries mentioned for FreeBSD and OS X on the binaries page not
> work?

Please see

   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.polipo.user/535

for FreeBSD.

As to Mac OS X, the first binary (cbis.anu.ed.au) required downloading
a 28 MB framework, the second requires using Fink, and the third
requires ghc.

Unless Mac OS X is different from any other Unix on the planet,
there's no reason why I couldn't do

  $ wget http://.../darcs.gz
  $ gunzip darcs.gz
  $ chmod +x darcs
  $ ./darcs get http://...

and have my sources ready to work with.  The darcs binary would
probably be in the three megs range (1 for darcs itself, and 2 for the
runtime library), but that's okay nowadays.

                                        Juliusz