[darcs-users] Some newbie questions

Tomasz Zielonka t.zielonka at students.mimuw.edu.pl
Fri Oct 22 11:52:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 07:28:39AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> A lot of the time may be network, but every historical version of darcs is
> created on-disk during the get process.  get --partial alleviates this, but
> results in not having the whole history available.

If filesystem operations are a bottleneck, maybe it would be a good
solution to work on an abstract, virtual file system, which could be
implemented in different ways depending on situation. In get it could be
an in-memory file-system.

You could also use it to implement ssh/scp/sftp/shfs push/pull
transparently.

If you are interested, I could do a little reseach on feasibility of
this approach.

Best regards,
Tom

--
.signature: Too many levels of symbolic links