[darcs-users] Multi-user permissions

Dan Margolis krispykringle at gentoo.org
Fri Oct 22 14:29:23 UTC 2004

Tomasz Zielonka wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 01:44:50AM -0400, Dan Margolis wrote:
>
>>1) Create a single user and do shared SSH keys. Downside: somewhat
>>annoying;
>

> What do you mean by _shared_ SSH keys? You can easily allow access for
> many SSH keys by putting many public keys in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys.

That's exactly what I meant. A shared account with multiple authorized
keys. Sorry for being unclear.

>>also means that if my partners work on my machine, which they may,
>>they'll have to either be considerate of each other's files, or log on
>>as a different user to make commits.
>

> I don't understand this. Do you allow others to work on your personal
> account?

No, obviously I'd be creating a new account for them. The point is that
if I create accounts for my partners just for the sake of development,
and then create a separate account for my project to which we all have
access, it means that they have to su/logout whenever they wish to
commit; on the other hand, if I did not do this, they'd be conceivably
working as the user who owns the repo, which is a really bad idea, I think.

Thanks.

--
Dan ("KrispyKringle")
Gentoo Linux Security Coordinator