[darcs-users] Multi-user permissions

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Oct 22 17:36:15 UTC 2004

> No, obviously I'd be creating a new account for them. The point is that
> if I create accounts for my partners just for the sake of development,
> and then create a separate account for my project to which we all have
> access, it means that they have to su/logout whenever they wish to
> commit; on the other hand, if I did not do this, they'd be conceivably
> working as the user who owns the repo, which is a really bad idea, I think.

Have each of them work in his private repo, and push/pull through ssh
to/from the shared repository.  Use a baseball bat on anyone who works
directly in the shared repository.

(If you're used to CVS, think of the shared user as being the uid of
the pcvs process.)

All the files in the shared repo will appear as owner=shared, but
that's okay: what counts are the people who did the commit, and
they're clearly marked in the log.

                                        Juliusz