[darcs-users] darcs problems w/ large archives?

Kevin Ollivier kevino at tulane.edu
Sat Oct 23 01:23:23 UTC 2004

Hi David,

On Oct 11, 2004, at 4:17 AM, David Roundy wrote:

[snip]

> Letting me know which operations seem to require unusual amounts of
> memory
> (and in what cases) would be nice, especially if you use the
> --enable-antimemoize option, as with that option memory usage really
> *ought* to be cut by a factor of two or three in most cases.  I have
> trouble, though, in that I don't have much memory on my development
> machine, and profiling memory usage takes lots more memory, so I can
> only
> profile memory usage for quite modest repos.  If you compiled with
> --enable-profile, then you could run with +RTS -hc, and sent me the
> results, which would be handy.  But keep in mind, you'd need a lot more
> memory.

Sorry for the very late reply, I got caught up working on some other
things. --enable-antimemoize seemed to do the trick (along with
possibly a clean CVS checkout?). So now I'm able to get my wxWidgets
darcs repository on my Windows machine successfully. However, now I'm
stuck with a separate problem, which is a pretty significant one - the
lack of newline conversion. ;-/ The wxWidgets MSVC project files need
to have Windows newlines, but since I created the darcs repository on
OS X, it uses Unix newlines instead. As a result, MSVC won't load the
project files because they have the "wrong" newlines.

Is it possible to have darcs do newline conversion? (I googled and saw
some discussion on it, but nothing that suggests there's an option for
it now.)

Thanks,

Kevin