[darcs-users] suggestion for rerecording patch descriptions

Miguel Bazdresch darcs-01 at thewizardstower.org
Sat Oct 23 21:19:35 UTC 2004

* Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> [2004-10-23 20:57]:
> One solution would be to handle the 'No Changes!' case differently.
> Instead of exiting directly, at least offer to let me update the name
> and description if I'd like to.
>
> As it is now, it seems I have to make some trivial code change so I can
> update the patch description.

It'd be nice to be able to rename any arbitrary patch. For instance,
what'd happen if by the time you noticed the typo you had already
recorded several more patches?

I understand (I think) this could introduce inconsistencies when the
patches have been pulled/pushed, but it'd still be nice. Maybe it could
even be a new patch type, so it could be propagated.

--
Miguel Bazdresch
http://thewizardstower.org/