[darcs-users] suggestion: add identifier 'b' for boring files

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sun Oct 24 03:13:39 UTC 2004

When I upgraded from .9.23 to 1.0.0rc3 I noticed what seemed
to be new improvement in the output of 'whatsnew'--
Now files that have been added are marked with an uppercase
'A', while files that could potentially be added automatically
with --look-for-adds have a lowercase 'a':

A ./already_added.txt
a ./might_get_added.pl

I like this better than CVS, which just uses a question mark.
I suggest this be taken one step further, by adding a 'b' identifier
for boring files, if the --boring flag is used.

Now I might see this:

darcs whatsnew -ls --b

  A ./already_added.txt
  a ./might_get_added.pl
  a ./boring.swp

In a long list, it would be easy to lose the boring files among the
others. This would be clearer, I think:

  A ./already_added.txt
  a ./might_get_added.pl
  b ./boring.swp