[darcs-users] Patches are immutable

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sun Oct 24 22:41:18 UTC 2004

I was more thinking along the line of separating the two uses:
adding changes to a development line (distributed, immutable),
and playing with changes (local, unrestricted).

Once I've decided on putting a patch in my rc repo branch,
I don't care much for grouping or replacing it.

What I would want instead is more powerful ways of retrieving
information on changes:

* Listing all patches (not just one) matching a regexp
  or match.

* Printing a dependency tree for a patch.

* Listing all named patches (from a tag) and showing their
  primitive patches that affect a range of lines in a file
  (for example a function body).  Like a history of diffs.

Same trouble; not implemented yet.  Same fix; hacking.  :-)
I'll see what I can do.  Must learn Haskell better first.