[darcs-users] Darcs spins

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon Oct 25 02:49:45 UTC 2004

I'm trying out darcs.  I have this package called MissingH that I
currently maintain in Arch.  It is mostly my code, but also includes
code from two other projects (Wash and Hsemail).  I take small parts of
those projects -- but entire files -- and move them into different
places in my own tree.

Now, Hsemail already uses darcs and I've imported Wash into darcs and
then could just darcs pull it into my tree.  That works well.

I tried the same trick with Hsemail.  darcs pull -av appears to work,
but after it says "diffing dir...", it just sits there, using lots of
CPU and doing nothing.  I let it go for quite awhile, and strace didn't
show it actually accessing any files.

Any ideas?

Also, it's reported a conflict a couple of times, but I didn't see any
real hints on exactly what the conflict was -- it seemed to just leave
me with either the old or new file in a random manner.

I couldn't really find anything on conflict resolution (without some
sort of external command) in the docs... pointers?

Thanks,
John

--
John Goerzen
Author, Foundations of Python Network Programming