[darcs-users] Patches are immu

Anselm R. Garbe anselmg at t-online.de
Mon Oct 25 13:15:20 UTC 2004

Hi there,

imho I ack with Juliusz proposals, but I add following idea:

Allow rerecord only for the last (most recent) patch (and only
that patch!) until:

i)   it has _not_ been pulled from some client or
ii)  another patch is applied or
iii) rerecord has been done

This allows fixing broken patches without the problems discussed.

Regards,
    Anselm

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 06:03:57PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>                         Patches Are Immutable
>                                   or
>                      Rerecord Considered Harmful
>
>   Abstract: we argue that patches in Darcs should be immutable.  We
>   further argue that people who want to make patches mutable are
>   looking for the wrong solution to a real problem.

[...]