[darcs-users] suggestion: better diagnostic for 'record' when a file is not found

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Oct 25 19:37:27 UTC 2004

'darcs record' could give more helpful feedback when I try to record a
file that doesn't exist (because I'm confused about my about my place
in the world...or at least my location in the Unix file system).

Here's what it looks like now:

 $ darcs record  Foo/PhysListingAdmin.pm
 Recording changes in "www/Templates/Foo/PhysListingAdmin.pm":

 Ok, if you don't want to record anything, that's fine!

#########
Here's what I think should happen instead:

 $ darcs record  Foo/PhysListingAdmin.pm
 Recording changes in "www/Templates/Foo/PhysListingAdmin.pm":
 www/Templates/Foo/PhysListingAdmin.pm was not found!

I suppose if any file is not found, it may be best to abort the record
at that point.

	Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .