[darcs-users] Cheap branches

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Oct 25 20:07:53 UTC 2004

> > I'm a little bit confused.  Why are you keeping multiple branches in
> > the same repository?

> I'm using "repository" in the CVS sense, as in "a collection of version
> controlled projects, branches, etc".

I get that.  I was wondering why you chose to do things that way.

> I don't want a darcs repository per se, because I don't want to keep
> the unpacked source around.

Fair enough.  Still, that doesn't explain why you chose a single
meta-repository for a colleciton of branches instead of a proto-repo-
sitory per branch.

> I don't care about integrating it into darcs itself, personally

Something like that will get into darcs at some point, and your design
has given me quite a few good ideas, for which thanks.

                                        Juliusz