[darcs-users] Re: renaming the rerecord command

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Oct 27 10:45:05 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:22:58PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> On 2004-10-19, Jean Jordaan <jean at upfrontsystems.co.za> wrote:
> >
> > darcs undo-record
>
> This is not different enough from 'unrecord' to merit a name change.

Agreed.

> > darcs amend-record
>
> This could be OK, especially if 'amend' worked as a shortcut.

We have a winner! :) I like this, as it keeps what I like about rerecord,
which is that it still has "record" in the name, to indicate what it's
doing.  Darcs already accepts any unambiguous prefix as a shortcut (so you
could use 'darcs w' or 'darcs what' for 'darcs whatsnew'), so amend will
work fine.
http://www.abridgegame.org