[darcs-users] Bug report: darcs hang

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Oct 28 07:11:34 UTC 2004

>> After building a profiling version of darcs, it turns out we're
>> spinning in

>>   commute_recursive_merger       Patch                 21.7   12.4

You were right, David, Darcs wasn't looping, it was just slow.

I've tried on a faster machine:

  We have conflicts in the following files:
  ./client.c
  Finished pulling.
  439.80user 0.61system 7:30.49elapsed 97%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k

Since this machine is roughly four times faster than the one I use
usually, I would just have needed to wait for half an hour -- which I
never did.

                                        Juliusz