[darcs-users] Re: call for public bug tracking system

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Oct 28 17:57:21 UTC 2004

Zwiki tracker allows issue creation and comments by mail, but not
closing or assigning. Issues don't have owners so there's no assigning.

> someone other than myself were to administer it).  It looks like it can be
> integrated in such a way that bug reports are just emails to an existing
> mailing list which have a specially formatted subject, and replies to such
> an email will go to the BTS (or issue tracking system), which sounds just
> about perfect.

That can be done, indeed. The zwiki list works that way.

It's quick for me to set this up on my server, but my server does not
have perfect uptime. It would not be too hard for you (David) to set
this up on yours - there are how-tos - or I'd be pleased to help, but
I'm pretty much offline until the second week of november. If you want a
placeholder wiki-tracker to trial during next week, I can do that.
Otherwise I'll check in and see what happened when I get back.

Best
-Simon