[darcs-users] Line endings opinion poll (with bonus opinion)

Peter Strand peter at zarquon.se
Fri Oct 29 09:42:02 UTC 2004

#2 as default with support for #1.
(I can live with "#1 with support for #2" as well)

Usually it's preferably to use the system-specific format of text-files,
and I think that it is the revision control system's job to do the
conversion. However, it is sometimes nice to be able use an alternative
format, for example when sharing a filesystem between unix and windows
I usually use unix-encoding for all files.

I have an almost-finished patch to darcs which adds (primitive) support
for windows newlines when reading and writing text files. It basically
just adds a --convert-newlines option to get and then keeps track of the
format for subsequent operations..
I don't know if that is a good interface..?

/Peter