[darcs-users] Re: request for clear docs for 'push' and conflicts

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Fri Oct 29 14:11:56 UTC 2004

On 2004-10-29, David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 04:39:58PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to ask one of the more experienced people here to update the
>> docs for 'push' to explain what happens when there is a conflict.
>>
>> I created this myself with some play archives. darcs will report
>> that the push succeeded, but also that there are conflicts.
>>
>> But what state is the remote repo in after this? The local one? What
>> needs to happen to resolve the conflict?
>
> I've added a paragraph to the 'push' documentation.  If it's unclear, ask
> again...

Thank you very much. I'm still unclear on one point in the explanation:

"perhaps by pulling the conflicting patch"

How do I know which patch is conflicting? The feedback I get from darcs only
tells me the conflicted files, which could be in many patches.

	Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .