[darcs-users] Why no 'darcs pull --repodir target-repo [source-repo]'

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Oct 30 14:32:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 12:51:13PM +1000, Nigel Rowe wrote:
> I shouldn't reply to myself, but since "Silence was the stern reply"....

:) I've been getting increasingly behind on my darcs email, so hopefully
you (and others) won't interperet silence as *too* stern... And don't
hesitate to reply to yourself... resending is helpful to make me notice
emails I've passed over, and replying to the old one helps keep the two
together in my mailbox (which is threaded).

> Now I don't grok haskell at all, but I've made what appear to be the
> relevant bits of Pull.lhs look the same as the corresponding bits in
> Push.lhs and updated tests/pull.pl.  (Perl, I grok slightly better than
> haskell.)
>
> I've sent the patch to David.

Thanks!

> Next question, should I (or someone) do the same for:-
> replace
> tag
> setpref
> check
> optimize
> dist
> trackdown, and
> repair.

That would be great! (if it were you, or someone other than me.) I don't
imagine these commands will be used with --repodir very often, but I
imagine it could be useful when calling darcs from another program.
http://www.abridgegame.org