[darcs-users] suggestion: allow 'add' to add parent directories automatically

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sun Oct 31 02:58:54 UTC 2004

Sometimes when I try 'darcs add' on a file, it complains:

"parent directory 't/' isn't in the repo."

I would like a flag to tell darcs "I know. I mean it anyway. Please
add any parent directories as needed".

I suggest:

-p --add-parents  Adds any parent directories necessary for add to succeed

The "-p" is named after "mkdir -p", for which it serves the same
purpose.

I suppose for symmetry you might also need:

--no-add-parents Don't add parent directories. Expect them to be there.
				 [DEFAULT]

	Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/