[darcs-users] New user experiences

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Sep 5 10:33:13 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 11:23:42AM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > I think I'd rather it default to $user@$mailname or $user@$hostname.
>
> No, it should be "gecos <user at domain>".  (I got it wrong in the
> earlier versions of vc-darcs.)

Any idea how to extract the user and domain names correctly? I can imagine
getting the username from $USER via getEnv.  How about the domain?

I certainly don't like the fact that darcs has to prompt the user for a
user name...

Of course, I could just use $USER by itself, which wouldn't be a valid
email address, but often would be what you might want.
http://www.abridgegame.org