[darcs-users] default boring list

Craig M.Lennox list-darcs-users at cosmic.com
Sat Sep 11 20:11:10 UTC 2004

> Slashes are perfectly legal in regexes (just not in certain
> implementations such as sed). Since boring works on paths, not just
> filenames, slashes are also legal there.

I've always just used ^$ for comments as it could never match any
legitimate filename.  However, I see from this morning's pull of the
darcs repository that David has just added # as a comment leader,
making this gross hack no longer necessary.  Cheers!

While on the subject, I've often longed for an analogue in Darcs to
Arch's "inventory" subcommand, which would tell me ahead of time which
files Darcs already knows about, which ones it is steadfastly
ignoring, which ones remain to be added, etc.  Admittedly there are
ways to get most of this information, but these are cumbersome and
require diving into the _darcs directory, which ideally a user ought
never need to do.

Craig