[darcs-users] Unapplicable patch: erro

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Tue Sep 14 22:41:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 02:43:36PM -0400, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> Another possible scheme would be to have a pref that says that the
> working tree starts in some subdir of the directory containing _darcs.
> Eg,
>
>     .../_darcs
>     .../_darcs/prefs/root  (contains "tree")
>     .../tree/foo.html

An advantage of this scheme is that you could put any other repository
meta-information in the top-level directory.  Eg, a README describing
the purpose of the repository, scripts for syncing it with other
repositories, a config file for an "archive manager", etc.  So I'm
already somewhat fond of this idea!

Note it would degenerate to the current situation when _darcs/prefs/root
does not exist.

Andrew