[darcs-users] Error with send --context

Brian Theado brian_theado at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 01:36:11 UTC 2004

I am using the win32 binary of darcs and I haven't
been able to get
"send --context" to work. No matter what I try, I get
the error "Fail:
Bad context!".   I have included a capture of a
session below.  Am I
doing something wrong or is this a bug?

C:\TEMP\darcs-test>mkdir repo1

C:\TEMP\darcs-test>cd repo1

C:\TEMP\darcs-test\repo1>darcs init
Successfully initialized repository!

C:\TEMP\darcs-test\repo1>echo hi > file1

C:\TEMP\darcs-test\repo1>darcs record -a -l -m change1
Darcs needs to know what name (conventionally an email
address) to use as the author).  If you provide one
now
I will store it in the file '_darcs/prefs/author', and
use it by default in the future.  To change your
preferred
author address, simply delete this file.

What is your email address? blah at blah.com
Finished recording patch 'change1'

C:\TEMP\darcs-test\repo1>darcs changes --context >
..\context.txt

C:\TEMP\darcs-test\repo1>darcs send
--context=..\context.txt .

Fail: Bad context!