[darcs-users] feature request: diffs from darcs.cgi

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Sat Sep 18 10:26:46 UTC 2004

On 2004, Sep 17, , at 18:08, Will wrote:

> You can remove "religion.cc" from the URL to get a list of all the
> patches applied to files in that directory.

Thanks!

This URL works:

http://zooko.com/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi/crawl-zookopatches/?c=patches

But this one doesn't:

http://zooko.com/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi/crawl-zookopatches?c=patches

> I like this idea.  How about if I added the long description and a
> "diff"
> button to the patch summary page (i.e. the one you get when you use the
> "summary" link next to a patch)?  That button could return the output
> of `darcs diff -u --match "hash <patch hash>"`.

Sounds perfect!  As soon as you do this let me know and I'll try it out
on the Shtoom project. [1, 2]

By the way, I still think that "summary" means "give me less
information" rather than "give me more information".

While we're waiting for David to agree and to change the darcs options,
maybe you should label the link "details" instead of "summary".

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://www.divmod.org/Home/Projects/Shtoom/
[2] http://zooko.com/cgi-bin/darcs.cgi/shtoom/?c=patches