[darcs-users] allow --unified to be used in more places ?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Sep 18 11:43:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 08:56:26PM -0400, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> I just noticed that --unified could be appropriate in many commands
> where it is not currently accepted.  Any time I interactively select
> patches, eg in darcs record or darcs pull, I would like to see hunks in
> unified format.  Does it make sense to allow --unified on these
> commands?  If so, I'll try to code it if David doesn't want to.  :-)

It would make sense, and it would be possible.  There is even a Slurpy that
gets passed around to make it easier in principle to eventually implement,
but I haven't gone to the trouble of implementing it (and if you were to do
so, that would be great).  The problem is that you need to adjust the
Slurpy to be correct for the patch you're displaying.

Most of the work will be in SelectPatches.lhs, as I suppose you are aware.
While developing, I'd just make SelectPatches always display in unified
format, and only later add the flags.
http://www.abridgegame.org