[darcs-users] Error with send --context

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Sep 18 15:50:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 06:36:11PM -0700, Brian Theado wrote:
> I am using the win32 binary of darcs and I haven't been able to get "send
> --context" to work. No matter what I try, I get the error "Fail: Bad
> context!".  I have included a capture of a session below.  Am I doing
> something wrong or is this a bug?

> C:\TEMP\darcs-test\repo1>darcs changes --context > ..\context.txt
>
> C:\TEMP\darcs-test\repo1>darcs send --context=..\context.txt .
>
> Fail: Bad context!

My guess is that you may get a better result if you try ../context.txt
rather than ..\context.txt.  Since windows can handle either forward or
backward slashes as directory delimiters, and the rest of the world only
uses forward slashes, darcs uses forward slashes.  It doesn't translate
backward to forward slashes mostly because I'm lazy and don't use windows.
http://www.abridgegame.org