[darcs-users] feature request: diffs from darcs.cgi

Will will at glozer.net
Sat Sep 18 19:03:23 UTC 2004

"Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn" <zooko at zooko.com> writes:

> On 2004, Sep 17, , at 18:08, Will wrote:
>
>> I like this idea.  How about if I added the long description and a
>> "diff" button to the patch summary page (i.e. the one you get when
>> you use the "summary" link next to a patch)?  That button could
>> return the output of `darcs diff -u --match "hash <patch hash>"`.
>
> Sounds perfect!  As soon as you do this let me know and I'll try it
> out on the Shtoom project. [1, 2]

I've committed a patch that adds a "diff" command and includes a
button to press on the patch summary page.  The long comment is now
displayed below the patch name.

> By the way, I still think that "summary" means "give me less
> information" rather than "give me more information".
>
> While we're waiting for David to agree and to change the darcs
> options, maybe you should label the link "details" instead of
> "summary".

In this case "summary" meant a summary of all of the changes a patch
made, but I agree that it is confusing.  I changed "summary" to
"detail" which is hopefully a bit clearer.

Regards,
Will