[darcs-users] Initial checkout is very slow

David Brown darcs at davidb.org
Sat Sep 18 22:48:20 UTC 2004

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 01:55:10PM +0200, Erik Schnetter wrote:

> Is it, maybe, the case that darcs opens a new ssh connection for each
> patch?  That would explain the speed.  Things can usually be much
> faster by copying all files through a single ssh connection.

I think the slugginess is because a new ssh connection is being set each
time.  If you are massochistic, you can remove your key from the agent,
and try the get :-)

There have been a few discussions about some kind of darcs 'server'
(hopefully still using ssh, though) that would allow multiple darcs
commands and copies to be done through a single ssh connection.

Dave