[darcs-users] feature request -- 'darcs diff -u --patch="my patch name goes here"'

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Wed Sep 22 13:22:21 UTC 2004

As per David's recent advice, I tried to use "darcs diff" instead of
"darcs annotate" to get a patch that I could apply with the "patch"
command.

First I took the "darcs annotate" command that I had used:

darcs annotate -v --patch="catch Tkinter exception so that ui selection
can proceed"

and replaced the word "annotate" with "diff".  No luck.  Then I tried
"darcs diff -u --patch-name=", because I've noticed that darcs
sometimes uses an option named "--patch" and sometimes and option named
"--patch-name".

Still no luck, so I ran "darcs diff --help".  None of the options
listed there seemed to be the one that I wanted, but I tried one
anyway: 'darcs diff -u --from-patch="my patch name goes here"'.  Nope
-- that seemed to give, just as the help text said it would -- all
changes since a certain patch.

So my next feature request is: please make 'darcs diff -u
--patch="catch Tkinter exception so that ui selection can proceed"' do
what I had hoped that it would.

Regards,

Zooko