[darcs-users] feature request -- 'darcs diff -u --patch="my patch name goes here"'

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Wed Sep 22 19:55:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 10:22:21AM -0300, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> As per David's recent advice, I tried to use "darcs diff" instead of
> "darcs annotate" to get a patch that I could apply with the "patch"
> command.
>
> First I took the "darcs annotate" command that I had used:
>
> darcs annotate -v --patch="catch Tkinter exception so that ui selection
> can proceed"
>
> and replaced the word "annotate" with "diff".  No luck.

:-(  David acknowledged[1] that diff should probably take --patch, it
just needs hammering out the details and error conditions.

> 'darcs diff -u --from-patch="my patch name goes here"'.  Nope
> -- that seemed to give, just as the help text said it would -- all
> changes since a certain patch.

Since from/to ranges were (recently) changed to be inclusive, you should
be able to write it long-hand as

    darcs diff -u --from-patch "my patch" --to-patch "my patch"

Andrew

[1] http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2004-July/002487.html