[darcs-users] Adding several files with the same name

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Sep 27 09:36:11 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 06:06:29PM -0700, Vonleigh Simmons wrote:
> >>	The problem I'm running into is that there will be several files in
> >>different locations, that have the same name. It seems that darcs
> >>doesn't support this and that every file must have a unique name. Is
> >>there any way around this limitation?
> >
> >As long as they are in different directories, files with the same name
> >are fine.
>
> OK, then I guess the errors weren't because the files had the same name,
> but because of the symlinks.
>
> Is there a timeframe on symlink support or is this not a priority of the
> project?

No, no timeframe for symlink support except "after 1.0".  It's not a
priority for me.  It's a portability headache (unless we just ignore
windows shortcuts... which isn't the best plan).  On the other hand, it's
also something that wouldn't be too hard for someone else to implement.
http://www.abridgegame.org