[darcs-users] Newbie help with removing

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Sep 27 10:23:42 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 09:55:21PM -0700, Don Quach wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just started using darcs, and I'm running into trouble with this
> simple exercise.  I'm running on Windows XP with the pre-compiled
> windows binary version 1.0.0rc2.
>
> Here's what I tried:
> mkdir test
> cd test
> darcs initialize
> edit a.txt <-- insert "file a"
> save file, exit
> darcs add a.txt
> darcs record <-- fill in patch info
>
> cd..
> darcs get --repo-name my_test test
> cd my_test
> edit a.txt <-- remove "file a"
> save file, exit
> darcs record
> darcs push -a ..\test
>
> Then I get an error: "darcs failed:  Error applying patch to recorded!"
>
> If I add or modify a.txt in my_test then push it, the changes are
> reflected in test's a.txt as expected.  But when deleting data, the
> this error always comes up.  Is this a bug?

Looks like a bug, but I haven't been able to reproduce it.  It could either
be that I did something slightly different in terms of newlines when I
edited a.txt, or that this is a windows-specific bug.

Could you by any chance tar up (or zip) the two repositories test and
my_test which display this behavior, and send them to the list? They should
be small enough for that, and then I (or one of the windows developers) can
hopefully figure out what's going wrong here.
http://www.abridgegame.org