[darcs-users] Re: Re: Re: Hang on pull

Lee Cantey lcantey at pantasys.com
Mon Sep 27 16:31:14 UTC 2004

David Roundy wrote:

> Unfortunately, darcs uses an algorithm that is exponential in the number
> of conflicting patches in one "set" of conflicts, which causes trouble in
> precisely this situation.  If upstream modified an entire file (or almost
> an entire file) in one patch, and your 25 primitive patches were all to
> the
> same file, that would explain your trouble.  I suspect there may be no
> other solution than to record again your changes after merging by hand.
> :(

As a FYI I've summarized all the changes:

Initial import
Tag
Add 19 files
Modify 3 original files
Add 44 files
Add 19 files (not the same as earlier 19)
Modified 1 original file
Renamed 2 original binary files, added 2 with same name
Modified 1 original file
Modified 1 original file
Modified 1 original file
Modified 2 original files
Modified 1 previously modified file (2nd edit)
Modified 1 previously modified file (2nd edit)
Modified 1 previously modified file (2nd edit)
Add 1 new file and modify 1 original file
Add 5 files
Modify 3 original files
Modify 1 original file
Modify 3 original files
Modify 1 original file
Add 61 files, modify 6 original files
Modify 1 previously modified file (2nd edit)
Modify 1 previously modified file (3rd edit)
Modify 1 previously modified file (3rd edit)
Modify 1 previously modified file (4th edit)
Modify 1 original file

Thanks,
Lee