[darcs-users] Re: darcs on FreeBSD 5

Craig M.Lennox list-darcs-users at cosmic.com
Tue Sep 28 20:00:07 UTC 2004

mirian at cosmic.com (Craig M. Lennox) writes:

> bkhl at elektrubadur.se (Björn Lindström) writes:
> > > Although it's for FreeBSD 4.x, it will probably run just fine on 5.x.
> > Thanks, but that's not working either. I get this error:
> >
> > /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found,
> > required by "darcs"
> >
> > Is there just some old library I need to install, or is this worse?
>
> You will need to have the "compat4x" distribution set installed.  You
> can do this with /stand/sysinstall if you have the FreeBSD install CD
> handy.  The library should appear as /usr/lib/compat/libc_r.so.4.

BTW, I just tried this on a FreeBSD-5.2.1 system with success.
However, I needed to install two other packages besides the darcs package:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/All/curl-7.12.1.tgz
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/All/libgmp-4.1.3.tgz

Having done that, darcs just worked.  I was able to init a repository,
add, record files, view changes, etc.  Nothing broken that I could
see.

cheers,
Craig.