[darcs-users] 'darcs annotate' output seems rather cryptic

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Sep 30 10:05:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 06:23:13PM +0200, Jean Jordaan wrote:
> Hi all
>
> While playing with darcs, I found this output pretty unreadable:

> Wouldn't this be preferable?

... (lines grouped together)

> Perhaps I'm missing something terribly obvious, but I did try
> with --human-readable and --summary and so on ..

No, you're not missing anything.  "--human-readable" is something of a
misnomer in this case.  Annotate output is most commonly used by other
programs (e.g. darcs.cgi), so I haven't focussed on making its
human-readable output very nice.

Of course, I've heard that even other programs would like the lines to be
grouped, as you suggest... but just haven't gotten around to making the
change.  It's a little more complicated when looking at an older version of
a file, since in that case lines may be annotated according to both when
they were added and when they were removed, but that's still not much of an
excuse.
http://www.abridgegame.org