[darcs-users] Re: .darcs is portable

zooko zooko at yumyum.zooko.com
Fri Apr 1 01:22:08 UTC 2005

> It's also valid to consider that we aren't designing darcs from scratch,
> so a switch to ".darcs" would really mean support both styles for a long
> time, which seems a PITA, and it's own source of confusion.

This point, also addressed by David Roundy in a separate mail, is a good one.
I withdraw my suggestion to change the name of the metadir.

But for things which can still be changed easily, or for new things which
haven't been set yet, I still suggest to emulate SVN if possible.

In particular, it isn't too late to make the "cvs/svn log"-like function be
named "darcs log" instead of "darcs changes".

Regards,

Zooko