[darcs-users] Re: an interface for splitting hunks

Jean Jordaan jean at upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri Apr 1 08:08:10 UTC 2005

> Ideally, I think I'd like something like
>
> darcs record/whatsnew --begin-hunks-with '\{$|^$' --end-hunks-with '^\}$'

Hmm. Vim (e.g.) knows where functions start/end, but that's
because it has an intricate syntax file for the language. It
might be painful to hobble toward something workable for darcs
using only a pair of regexps ..

I use Python. Function boundaries are easy to find, but they
depend on relative indentation. Not so easy for a regexp.

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za