[darcs-users] proposal for whitespace annotation in darcs what

Gerhard Siegesmund jerri at jerri.de
Fri Apr 1 14:37:26 UTC 2005

Hello David

> I briefly thought about that, but was afraid it would look to gaudy.  Keep
> in mind that it's not just the confusing whitespace that would get colored,
> but all whitespace, and I have a feeling that big blocks of color between
> each word would be distracting.

vim has an option to mark trailing whitespaces and tabs. Normally you
only are iritated by trailing whitespaces as you can't differentate
them from empty lines.

I like the idea about only coloring the background. This way you still
are able to copy'n'paste with the mouse in an xterm. If you changed the
characters to something else you would copy them with the seletion.
Might be handy if you were able to normally copy'n'paste the output from
whatsnew.

--
cu
  --== Jerri ==--