[darcs-users] svk has preliminary implementatino of darcs patch algebra

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Sat Apr 2 06:11:43 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 06:51:00PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> I don't think this is an April Fool's joke:

	-->	You are now talking on #svk
	<Schwern>	"Implementing darcs patch algebra in svk"  There's some speculatoin on darcs-users that this is an April Fool's joke. :)
	<clkao>	Schwern: i know. :)
	<Schwern>	Well...? :)
	<obra>	clkao++ # your plan worked
	<clkao>	but it's just committed to trunk.
	<clkao>	Schwern: so,
	<clkao>	Schwern: http://nopaste.snit.ch:8002/2226

(contents of that URL...)
1: test init tree
|->6: modify A/qu
|->4: modify D/de
| `->5: modify A/be and D/de
|->3: modify A/be
| `->5: modify A/be and D/de
`->2: test init tree
  `->4: modify D/de
    `->5: modify A/be and D/de

	<obra>	Schwern: in short, it's no joke.
	<clkao>	they are just revN: MSG, in a tree of dependencies
	<Schwern>	I will give darcs-users the bad news. :)
	<clkao>	not really tree, it's a dag.
	<clkao>	so, we will have everything darcs has, only much faster.