[darcs-users] Re: Frustrations diffing against the last change to a file

Gerhard Siegesmund jerri at jerri.de
Sat Apr 2 13:53:26 UTC 2005

Hello Thomas

> > > when you do a darcs pull you can view all changes per patch in the pull
> > > interface; pressing the 'x'.
> > > Easy enough to see what happened when you were gone since pull is
> > > probably the first thing you do.
> > Pulling is something which happens in the past, I am not going to
> > remember everything that I pulled.
> You missed that my answer was to the situation of Gerhard wanting to view
> all changes after his vacation.

Please don't take an example as the only case. And please don't think
that after an vacation means I am working at once with an project.
Where I am working right now I have about 10 Projects, which I am
working on now and then. We are working in a team and changes happen
all the time. And sometimes you want to know, why something, which you
remembered work one way, now works another way. This might be only in
one! script. So I want to know what changed in that one script. Long
after I pulled the newest changes to the project. So a simple method to
is a case which happens quite often. And I am only saying, that the
current method to get such changes is a little bit awkward,
considering, that I am using a revision control system to hold the
sources especially for this purpose! To see what happened to a project
and to certain files!

And please don't get me wrong. I love darcs and I found it to really be
very handy for a lot of things. But taking a look into the past is a
little bit complicated with darcs. Just an observation, as Scherrn did.
So I am discussing it. :)

btw: Thanks to this community I already found out a lot about darcs. I
hoped there would also be a simple solution to see the last changes to
one file.

--
cu
  --== Jerri ==--