[darcs-users] [wish] Moving around in the selection list

Junio C Hamano junkio at cox.net
Sat Apr 2 17:02:45 UTC 2005

I often wish that I can jump to a specific location in the
selection list of many darcs subcommands.

An example session with a version of darcs that does not exist
on my machine with the feature I wish:

   - In hunk selection interface of "darcs record", jump to the
   given hunk number:

    $ darcs record
    hunk ./file 2
    -primero change
    +first change
    Shall I record this patch? (1/350) [ynWsfqadjk/?=], or h for help: =
    While hunk [1-350]: 224
    hunk ./file 230
    -note so important line
    +not so important line
    Shall I record this patch? (224/350) [ynWsfqadjk/?], or h for help: y
    hunk ./file 231
    +some other change
    Shall I record this patch? (225/350) [ynWsfqadjk/?], or h for help:

The idea is the same for the patch selection interface of "darcs
record --ask-deps".