[darcs-users] [wish] interactive selection should cycle through W selections

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Apr 2 20:20:44 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 09:54:38PM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Saturday 02 April 2005 18:37, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> > What I expected to happen when I was bitten by this unexpected
> > behaviour (bug is a bit too strong word for this) for the first time
> > was for darcs to ask me about the hunks I have not answerd
> > again---which I think is why there are 'd', 'a', and 'q' in the
> > possible action in the list.
> >
> > I grant that the help text for 'W' says "wait and decide later,
> > defaulting to no", but the part of that help text after the comma seems
> > to me juast a lame excuse for 'W' not doing anything differently from
> > 'N'.
>
> Please note that the 'a' behavior becomes quite wierd if 'w' patches are
> re-asked; a says 'ok' to all remaining patches.  That is currently; all
> patches that have not been asked about yet.  With your suggested change
> this is not so clear anymore, and you can argue that they should indeed
> be ok-ed.  A behavior that is far from intuitive.  This does not only go
> for 'a' but also for 'f' and 's'.

I don't think we should silently cycle, perhaps we could use a compromise
similar to Tommy's suggestion:

record this? w
record this? y
No more patches, you skipped 1 patch, would you like to go back and
reconsider? [yn]

(Except that this is obviously way too verbose, intentionally so, since I
don't have the energy right now to come up with a decent wording.)
http://www.darcs.net