[darcs-users] Send "darcs help" output to STDOUT

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Apr 2 20:52:00 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 08:03:11PM +0200, Tomasz Zielonka wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 11:00:12PM -0800, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> > B)  Go one step further and make the usage information *always* go to
> > STDOUT even for "darcs wifflebingbobwoo" because in this case there's
> > nothing on STDOUT anyway.
>
> but not this! There nothing on STDOUT on purpuse! Would you like darcs
> to finish with exit code 0 too?

Indeed, we must consider the case where darcs is called from within a
script, or some other situation where stdout isn't apparent to the user.
What might help would be to shorten the message when a command is mistyped
so the user can see the whole message:

$darcs wifflebingbobwoo

darcs failed:  Invalid command 'wifflebingbobwoo'!

Try darcs --help to see a list of valid commands.
http://www.darcs.net